Pesto is now SOC 2 Compliant
Specifically: we are now officially Type 1 compliant (special thanks to Drata.com - our service providers, for guiding the process!).
We are in accordance with American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) standards for SOC for Service Organizations (also known as SSAE 18). Achieving this standard with an unqualified opinion serves as third-party industry validation that Pesto provides enterprise-level security for customer’s data.
We were audited by Prescient Assurance , a leader in security and compliance attestation for B2B, SAAS companies worldwide. Prescient Assurance is a registered public accounting in the US and Canada and provides risk management and assurance services which includes but is not limited to SOC 2, PCI, ISO, NIST, GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, and CSA STAR.
An unqualified opinion on a SOC 2 Type I audit report demonstrates to Pesto’s current and future customers that Pesto manages customer data with the highest standard of security and compliance. Information security practices, policies, procedures, and operations meet the SOC 2 standards for security.
Here’s what this means:
Pesto takes the security of its data and that of its clients and customers seriously and ensures that only vetted personnel are given access to their resources.
- All Pesto contractors and employees undergo background checks prior to being engaged or employed by us in accordance with local laws and industry best practices.
- Confidentiality or other types of Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) are signed by all employees, contractors, and others who have a need to access sensitive or internal information.
- We embed the culture of security into our business by conducting employee security training & testing using current and emerging techniques and attack vectors.
- All development projects at Pesto, including on-premises software products, support services, and our own Digital Identity Cloud offerings follow secure development lifecycle principles.
- All development of new products, tools, and services, and major changes to existing ones, undergo a design review to ensure security requirements are incorporated into proposed development.
- All team members that are regularly involved in any system development undergo annual secure development training in coding or scripting languages that they work with as well as any other relevant training.
- Software development is conducted in line with OWASP Top 10 recommendations for web application security.
Pesto deploys third party penetration testing and vulnerability scanning of all production and Internet facing systems on a regular basis.
- All new systems and services are scanned prior to being deployed to production.
- We perform penetration testing both by internal security engineers and external penetration testing companies on new systems and products or major changes to existing systems, services, and products to ensure a comprehensive and real-world view of our products & environment from multiple perspectives.
- We perform static and dynamic software application security testing of all code, including open source libraries, as part of our software development process.
Pesto’s cloud provides maximum security with complete customer isolation in a modern, multi-tenant cloud architecture.
Pesto’s cloud leverages the native physical and network security features of the cloud service, and relies on the providers to maintain the infrastructure, services, and physical access policies and procedures.
- All customer cloud environments and data are isolated using Pesto’s patented isolation approach. Each customer environment is stored within a dedicated trust zone to prevent any accidental or malicious co-mingling.
- All data is also encrypted at rest and in transmission to prevent any unauthorized access and prevent data breaches. Our entire platform is also continuously monitored by dedicated, highly trained Pesto experts.
- We separate each customer's data and our own, utilizing unique encryption keys to ensure data is protected and isolated.
- Client’s data protection complies with standards to encrypt data in transit and at rest, ensuring customer and company data and sensitive information is protected at all times.
- We implement role-based access controls and the principles of least privileged access, and review revoke access as needed.
If you’re interested in receiving a copy of our report, reach out to [email protected] for more information (requires signing an NDA).
What is Pesto?
Pesto is the digitally native, authentically human workplace. In Pesto, you and your teammates customize your own avatars and virtually meet in customizable rooms. Try it out - it's free!